GUEST SAFETY TECHNICIAN - $13-$15/hr DOE
Part-time, Friday through Sunday, Swing Shift
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under supervision, performs routine duties associated with the provision of customer
service, to include assisting the public in directions during private and public events,
attending parking areas and the preventative inspection of the buildings and grounds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Contacts customers at the Sage St. entrance booth and provides then with
directions to the appropriate parking area for their event.
2. Attends parking areas during both private and public events, assisting
customers with entering and leaving lots, checking parking passes and in some
cases collecting parking fees.
3. Provides customer assistance at entrance gates during both private and public
events in the form of ticket taking, and providing directions.
4. Routinely inspects building and grounds to ensure customer control measures
are in place.
5. Inspects doors, windows and gates to ensure there are secure and in good
6. Conducts periodic inspections of fire control systems to ensure they are in
good working order.
7. Conducts periodic inspections of outside lighting and reports any
malfunctions as required.
8. Provides customer assistance as needed.
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience:
High School diploma or GED and not less than 6 months experience directly related to
the duties and responsibilities specified.
A valid Class “C” California Driver license is required for this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
2. Ability to understand and follow
specific instructions and procedures.
3. Ability to detect problems and report information to
4. Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
5. Ability to communicate using portable radio devices. Ability to safely drive a motor
Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures,
dirt, dust, and/or loud noises. Work is mostly outdoors.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds
or standing and/or walking for extended periods of time throughout a work shift.
Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require
following basic safety precautions.